Things You Don't See

Hey everyone!! Today I am going to be touching on a sensitive topic, so please do not judge anything that is written. I am writing based off experiences in my own life, things that my friends of touched based on for me, and just things that I have seen and experience as well.

Today we are going to be touching on the things that you do not see in peoples life. There are so many things that can affect your body image. It can come from bullying, people telling you that you are anorexic when you may not have control over how your body. I know that I have faced that, I was always extremely tiny in my life. I started high school at my lowest weight was 105 lbs, it is hard to image it and that picture is still stuck in my brain. It has torn my body image to shreds, because of how I felt. I know that people have seen themselves as over weight or obese, even when they are not. People have told them that they are ugly, they are fat, that they look like they are pregnant, even when they are not any of those things. Teenagers, middle schoolers, even elementary schoolers are subjugated to those torments by kids who are jealous and are cruel to them. They hear these things and see they way people are and they think that this is the right thing. They also deal with the fact that people are bullying them or making them feel worse. This is something that needs to change, people say that bullying is okay. I can understand that it makes people stronger, but the thing is that bullying people about things that they do not control is just wrong. I have had my coworkers tell me that didn't being bullying give you a thick skin and make you stronger, yes yes it did. But what they did not know, is that it changed who I was and made me do things that I now regret in my life because I thought that those were the right things to do. Do not let the bully control your life, and do not let it damage what you see yourself as. You and your body is beautiful and that is all that matters to you, whether you are skinny, thick, curvy, or have a body that is unique it is all on you.

Now we have touched the bullying, but what people do not know is that some girls and even males have dealt with these things. They have learned that restricting your diet or overeating is the best way to deal with how you feel about yourself. I have learned that it is not a good thing to restrict or over eat when it regards to your food because it affects your body image and how you see yourself. You truly are changing your body based on something that is not the right way to do it. For years I have either restricted my diet to where I would not eat but for one big meal a day or even snacking through out the day and just eating the one meal; and then there are some days that I would over eat and just eat and eat and eat because it felt good. I was trying to fill that void that my I did not feel that my body was able to create or I was trying to make myself so tiny that I could fit into the clothes that I used to all the time. These things have caused me to constantly fluctuate in weight, to the point where even if I would do the diet that restricted me or substitute things, I would eventually gain all the weight back and I learned to just love my body till I had gained weight and hit 205 lbs. I was so ashamed of myself that I would just wear sweat pants constantly and not feel good in anything that I wore, I destroyed my body image because I hd destroyed how I felt about myself. This was something that I did not start, but I definitely finished it.

When you are also looking at restricting and you are also looking at over eating, you would never think about the fact that people would develop eating disorders. There are many eating disorders out there, but the main ones that people know are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa, malnutrition, purging, binging, being addicted to food, and so many more. You may never know by looking at the person, but deep down inside there are things that. There are so many warning signs, because you are looking at people and you notice that there are things that are different towards that person. There are also times that you may not notice till they are ready to show you. So please take the time to make sure that your friends and family is okay.

Now I know that we covered a lot hear today, but please understand that there is so many things that you can truly see and notice about yourself and other people. Love yourself and your body and know that there are things that you may not be able to talk about to your peers, but to yourself. So if you ever need someone to talk to you can reach out to your family and to your friends, but most importantly please reach out for help to anyone if you are in dire need or it is an emergency there are many ways to get help.

So please as always follow, comment, share and tell me what you think about the post in the comments and to reach me through the email. Please also follow, like, and comment on the Facebook Page, The Simply Daily Life. Also please comment and follow, The Simply Daily Life, Instagram, and please subscribe, like, and share the Youtube Channel, The Simply Daily Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site!!

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to let you know that I am switching the blog over to, The Simply Daily Life !! Please look to this for future...