Rewrite Negative Words

Hey everyone!! I know that I took the week off last week, and had a hard time getting my posts together. It was a very emotional week and I did not expect what was happening to happen, plus I celebrated my birthday!! I do hope that you continue to read and forgive me for my absence. But alas I am back!

Today's topic is going to be rewriting negative words. Everyone has either said to someone or even to themselves negative words. Some people have even built up a whole script in there heads about negative things. Well its time to change that, and why not start that today? I know that I personally on a day to day bases have things that I say negatively about myself, and there are some days were it is worse then other days. I have come to learn that this is called negative self talk, I am in a program that is teaching me how to love myself and change behaviors that I have created to cope and keep in the same pattern that I am in. Now I am not going to lie doing this is not going to be easy, it is honestly the farthest thing from easy, but it will be so worth it in the end.

So lets get started on changing those words. So instead of thinking negative words lets rewrite them to five positive things that you like yourself, one of my coworkers and best friends, Leigh Anne, told me this. She even had me practicing this when we worked together as soon as I said something negative about myself in front of her, she prompted me to say five positive things about myself and she would do it along with me sometimes. I have in my program had to write characteristics I liked about myself, and I am not going to lie that this was the hardest thing to do. I have struggled with my body image for as long as I can remember, I was either way to tiny or I was to fat, there was never a happy medium with myself. I still see myself to have to be a specific way regardless of what I am told or not. I know that it is not healthy and that everyone is entitled to be there own version of themselves. I know that it will be a struggle but if I can do it you can do it. I have seen my mom struggle with diets after diets and just feeling very negative of herself. I look at how she does things and I change it to be a positive influence of what not to do.

So if you have seen things or heard things that are negative not only about yourself or other people, then you have already started to rewrite negative words into positive words. You are choosing to take the negativity out of your mind, your thoughts, and your body. I know that it is not a simple task, but even if you do it just once a day or even one time a week, you are making steps to changing your life.

As always check out the facebook page, The Simply Daily Life, please like, follow, and comment. Also check out the Instagram page, The Simply Daily Life and follow, and as always please follow, comment, and share!! I would love to hear what you would like to see next and feedback and whatever you would like to know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site!!

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to let you know that I am switching the blog over to, The Simply Daily Life !! Please look to this for future...